Thursday, February 05, 2004

feeling sick. ugh. first it was cough. now it's my ankle....arhg! this is killing me. After coughing hard for 3 weeks, my left ankle is swelling. My dad has this kind of symptoms too. Redness, pain, heat and swelling, usually in toe or ankle. He said it is gout, some kind of athritis(sp?). It is common to people who have high uric acid. Purine rich foods can increase your uric acid. But I don't remember eating purine rich foods anyway (which includes beans, tofu, nuts, etc.) I went to intercon lab. to take a blood test. The results were normal. My uric acid level is normal. Cholesterol level is normal. But after taking my results to my doctor, she said I should have taken urinalysis too, which I thought would be useless....hay....because sometimes blood test isn't enough to see if my uric acid is high or not.

This wasn't the first time it happened to me. The last time was....I think last 2 years. I didn't took it seriously....but this time...I will.

Hirap magkasakit. From now on, I will try to have a healthy diet....*sniff* which means, no more soya milk(nooooooo.......my favorite), no more crabs, shrimps, and other seafoods (except fish of course....thank goodness), peanuts, etc.